[kdepim-users] Gmail and Akonadi 5

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sun Mar 20 10:27:58 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:29:22 PM CET Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Hi all, revisiting kmail after a long break.
>
> I remember with kmail/akonadi in kde4 there was pretty good gmail
> integration, with dedicated connectors for gmail contacts & calendar.

The dedicated connector for Gmail was never finished and released, hardly
"pretty good" :-) Contacts and Calendars integration is still available
separately.

> Has that all gone now for Akonadi 5? is it just generic IMAP support?

Cannot be gone if it never was there :)

Seriously though, the code still exists in kdepim-runtime, but requires
porting to Qt 5 and some work to make it actually work.  Also some work on
KMail side to make it better work with the Gmail workflow is needed.

Unfortunately I don't have time to play around with that, so anyone who would
be willing to pick it up is welcomed. For now you have to use the generic IMAP
resource.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683