[kdepim-users] Offline Email

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 18:59:26 BST 2016

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:35:45 PM CEST Michael Mol wrote:
<snip>

> > > Other settings, like enablement and sizes of various caches, really
> > > ought
> > > to be exposed to the user somehow. :-|
> >
> > Hmm, IMO if you are knowledgeable enough to be able to fine-tune the
> > variables you probably have no problem manually editing them in my.conf.
> > Once you introduce a UI with configuration like this people will start
> > playing with the sliders and likely break something....
>
> Not really able to break anything, unless you count performance.
>
> My frustration with having to edit my.cnf stems from the shift in context;
> my Akonadi data is now stored somewhere where the files aren't owned by my
> user account. (Unless there's some place under $HOME where there's a my.cnf
> file I didn't know about...)

~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf  :-)

The default Akonadi MySQL configuration file is in /etc/xdg/akonadi/mysql-
global.conf. On the first start Akonadi will copy the file to ~/.local/share/
akonadi/.

You can create ~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf file with your own
overrides. Akonadi will append it to the mysql-global.conf and write the
result to ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf. You don't want to edit ~/.local/
share/akonadi/mysql.conf directly because the changes will be overwritten
whenever mysql-global.conf is updated (we compare last modified timestamps).

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683