[kdepim-users] build akonadi-git, was :rant

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:42:04 GMT 2015

On Thursday January 29 2015 15:37:15 O. Sinclair wrote:

Hi,

>I got a few errors but so far things seem to work. Two comments:
>1. I did not get the dch- thing so did not bother - can something like
>it be done after build?

No, dch is a script that helps you add a proper new entry to the changelog file. Odd, it should have been included in the devscript package I added to the 1st apt-get command...

>2. before you do the packagebuild you need to move up from the debian
>directory to where the akonadifiles were extracted

Evidently :) I admit I didn't consider the possibility you'd change into the debian directory to edit these files ...

Good to see it worked for you.

Using packages is a bit more work, but if one can use a pre-existing source package the margin for errors becomes a lot smaller, and you can (much more) safely install into your system, without losing (all) the benefits of automatically pushed updates.

R.