[kdepim-users] Is it safe to play with file_lost+found?

Luis Felipe Tabera lftabera at yahoo.es
Tue Mar 4 09:31:14 GMT 2014

Dear all,

In my akonadi folder there is a file_lost+found folder with 3K files and a size
of 400MB.

I am wondering if it is safe to move, delete etc these files.

For instance I have a mail file of 22MB and the very same file is also in a
local mail folder. So it seems that deleting the copy if file_lost+found would
be safe.

fdupes show many duplicated files here.

Assume that I find a file that is truly lost+found, for instance a vcf file that
should be in my personal contact list but it is not. Is it safe to move the
file to its coorect location? Copying it maybe?

Best regards,

Luis