[kdepim-users] How do I filter on sender = Unknown or date = Unknown?

ianseeks ianseeks at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 17:17:03 GMT 2014

On Thursday 06 Mar 2014 13:49:10 David Goodenough wrote:
> Some (usually trash) emails arrive and are marked as either of unknown date
> or unknown sender.  But there seems to be no means to match these items in
> the kmail filters.  Have I missed something or is this not possible?
>
> David
I'm not sure how to select the "unknown" but i can tell you what i did to get
rid of a lot of spam mail from Japan.
I opened the email and did a "View Source" and checked for a possible common
bit of text which happened to be  "ISO-2022-jp"  - i used "Complete Message"
as the bit to search through in the filter for the "ISO..." and this caught
all messages (and only) messages from Japan.
You may be able to find a common bit of text in the source of the emails that
causes the "unknown date/sender" .

regards

Ian