[kdepim-users] No indexed mails

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:24:42 BST 2013

On 09/10/2013 14:21, Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
> On Wednesday October 9 2013 12:25:51 Diederik de Haas wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 October 2013 10:26:10 Luis Felipe Tabera wrote:
>>> Somehow it seems that mails do not reach nepomuk.
>>
>> What's the status message of the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder in the Akonadi
>> Console?
>
> Right now it is online with the message "Indexing completed". When I start a
> new session, it is Indexing for a couple of minutes

nepomukpimindexerutility was an interesting find indeed! It showed me
something I have suspected for quite some time, that most of my
mailfolders were not indexed or partially indexed...

After painstakingly indexing or re-indexing those folders I am
interested in (eg I skip Spam and so on) I now have a way better
hit-rate on searches. It (the nepomukpim...) does not work on
sub-folders sadly (and I have quite a few) so had to click my way
through my various folders and index/re-index each and every one.

What I have now noticed: newly arrived mail does not get indexed until
next time you start KMail/Kontact. I can live with that though but
clearly there is no "daemon" checking new mail in folders while KMail is
running.

Thanks for the tip re nepomukpimindexerutility though, it has sorted
something that mystified. Many folders were set to "indexinglevel 3" but
actually not indexed.

Sinclair