[kdepim-users] yet another failed KMail2 migration

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Jun 25 22:05:13 BST 2013

OK, my fully-workable KDE 4.6.5 KMail doesn't import into KMail2 on KDE
4.10. I copied all the right files into place, ran kmail-migrator and had
no errors reported. I opened KMail and though it sees my folder structure,
it doesn't show any emails in the folders. A popup message says "resource
kmail folders is broken" and stopping akonadi and then restarting it shows
a bunch of these:

akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0(6653)/akonadiresource (maildir): "User
canceled operation. (Folder /home/jerome/Mail/Avra does not seem to be a
valid email folder)"
akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0(6653)/akonadiresource (maildir): "Folder
/home/jerome/Mail/Avra does not seem to be a valid email folder"
collection: Collection ID: 48    remote ID: "sent-mail"
   name: "sent-mail"
   url: KUrl("akonadi://?collection=48")
   parent: 17 "Avra"
   resource: "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0"
   rights: QFlags(0x1|0x2|0x4|0x8|0x10|0x20)
   contents mime type: ("message/rfc822", "inode/directory")
   isVirtual: false
    CachePolicy:
   inherit: true
   interval: -1
   timeout: 1
   sync on demand: true
   local parts: ("ENVELOPE")
    CollectionStatistics:
   count: -1
   unread count: -1
   size: -1

That's funny, they were valid for KMail1. Nothing I find in Google tells me
how to deal with either of these situations.

So what do I do now?