[kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 08:20:14 BST 2013

On 06/07/2013 09:14, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> Thank you for the news. You confirm my intention to stick with
>>> Kmail-1 pro
>>> tem. Until Kmail-2 is usable, that is.
>>

>> I'd say KMail2 is usable right now for me, with cavet that I don't use
>> the
>> mail filters.
>>
>> Its nepomuk - the search engine which is the big problem, but its a
>> completely
>> seperate product to kmail/akonadi. If you disable email indexing its ok
>> though.
>>
>> I'd say the kmail devs are recognising that now was well - address
>> completion,
>> which used to use nepomuk no longer does. As a result it actually works.
>>

> I just have to chip in against that - on 4.10.3 and on I have no
> problems with address completion or "groups" and I do use email indexing
> etc. Also for me Search kind of works but admittedly far from always
> accurate.

Search, at least in 4.10.4, is a bit strange like this: Search "subject"
contains "any" and give value "internet" I get loads of hits.

Search on "from" contains "any" and give value "tibblin" I get null.
Give value "*tibblin*" and I get loads of hits (someone I have a
business relation with for some 8 years now).

I would expect the input string should be one or the other regardless of
WHAT Search criteria you want to use