[kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:30:18 BST 2013

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 02:21:51 AM Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > The whole thing smacks of  students wanting to play with new tech instead
> > of the boring work of actually creating a working product. I have no
> > faith that it will ever be reliable.
>
> Thank you for the news. You confirm my intention to stick with Kmail-1 pro
> tem. Until Kmail-2 is usable, that is.

I'd say KMail2 is usable right now for me, with cavet that I don't use the
mail filters.

Its nepomuk - the search engine which is the big problem, but its a completely
seperate product to kmail/akonadi. If you disable email indexing its ok
though.

I'd say the kmail devs are recognising that now was well - address completion,
which used to use nepomuk no longer does. As a result it actually works.

--
Lindsay