[kdepim-users] Please, help with kmail multiple errors

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Fri Sep 28 06:52:25 BST 2012

Hello, all.

I waited for the Fedora update to kmail 4.9.1 - was sure the problems
will pass, but...

Almost each time I move from one new mail to another I receive
"Resource KMail Folders is broken. This resource is now online"
and/or
"KMail Folders: Cannot modify emails in folder inbox"
and/or
"KMail Folders: Item query returned empty result set"
and/or
"KMail Folders: Error while reading mails from folder".

I cannot understand the logic of when which message appears.

In 70% of the deleting of mails the dialog about choosing two versions
of the message appears. Independently of which one I choose it is
followed by new bench of folder errors and sometimes crash handler,
which does nothing.

Also, after several messages deletion the next message is not displayed
(the old still appears). Changing folder to another and back makes the
unreadable message readable, but the deleted messages reappear back as
unread.

The problems started after upgrade from FC15 to FC17 some 3 weeks ago.

Any help will be highly appreciated!
--
Leon