[kdepim-users] Error message when fetching messages via Gmail account

Pascal Hasko Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:51:37 BST 2012

Hey all,

I have rather successfully set up my Gmail account (IMAP) with Kmail (version
1.13.7 and KDE 4.8.3 - Debian Testing) using two-step authentication. I am able
to receive messages, all folders are displayed in Kmail. Unfortunately, an
annoying message window keeps popping up saying:

Fehler beim Abrufen der Ordnerinformationen.
Abholen von Informationen für Ordner [Google Mail] nicht möglich. Die
Serverantwort lautet: [NONEXISTENT] Invalid folder: [Google Mail] (Failure)

In English this should be something like:

Error when getting information about folders
Retrieving information about folder [Google Mail] not possible. The server
responds with: [NONEXISTENT] Invalid folder: [Google Mail] (Failure)

Has anyone encountered the same behaviour? I'm thankful for any hints on what I
can do about that.

Pascal