[kdepim-users] local mail disappearing into akonadi.db

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Mar 17 12:09:36 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, 13. März 2012 schrieb William Seager:
> Hi all - I'm having a lot of trouble with kmail 4.8.0 (kde 4.8.1).
>
> Really troubling is this: some of my locally stored mail
> which should be in ~/.local/share/.local-mail.directory
> has mysteriously migrated to ~/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi.db
>
> I can use grep to see the headers and contents of my mail.
> The mail does show up in kmail but is NOT stored anywhere
> in my local mail folders.
>
> This seems to happen kind of randomly to mail which is
> copied or moved from imap server or other local mail
> folders.
>
> The question is: how to get my mail back into local folders
> and how to keep it there.

What kind of mail protocol do you use? POP3 or IMAP? Only with POP3 or
disconnected IMAP mails are also kept locally. The database is just a
cache for the mail. There has been a long blog entry about how what data
Akonadi stores. Ah, there we go:

http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Where_is_my_data_now.3F

http://blogs.kde.org/node/4503

Please read and try to understand that first and then detail your setup in
case you still think that your mail should be in local-mail.

Thanks,