[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jan 28 19:51:27 GMT 2012

Lørdag den 28. januar 2012 20:19:09 Thomas Tanghus Olsen skrev:
> On Saturday 28 January 2012 19:54 Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 1) After upgrading to KDE 4.8 and installing - finally - kdepim in the
> > current version, I can not use the search functionality of kmail.
> >
> > I can use the filter bar in the top, but not the search/virtual folder
> > search, I get a dialog saying "Kan ikke hente søgeresultat. Ukendt fejl.
> > (Unable to create persistent search)" (in english, "Can not fetch search
> > result. Unknown Error. (...))
> >
> > The question: Can anyone else use the search functionality? And even
> > better, have an idea what could be wrong?
>
> I just get no results from whatever I search for.
>
> > 2) One thing I have been looking forward to with > kdepim 4.4 was looking
> > things up using krunner. And indeed, after some trouble and a kde restart,
> > I get a message topic or event/journal/TODO title, with a type identifier
> > below in the krunner results. Very nice, if only it could be used for
> > anything meaningful: Activating such a result will not open the mail in
> > the mail reader as one would expect, (or korganizer for events or TODOs)
> > but a dolphin window, empty except for the nupomuk sidebar with the
> > nepomuk information. No way to the actual data.
> >
> > The question: Is this known? Is it planned to make this work correctly?
> > Otherwise, it would be best to hide these entries from the nepomuk krunner
> > results!
>
> This used to work for me in 4.7.3-4 but doesn't anymore. The only thing I
> get results for are bookmarks, contacts and music. For contacts I get the
> option to call or mail them.

That is very good to hear. Having that working would be just so cool!

It's working for contacts here as well, although the item to call someone is
idiotic when i have no means to do that.

> I do think that my Nepomuk/Akonadi data base is somehow corrupt, because
> virtuoso-t keeps spiking on both cores even though indexing is idle. I just
> can't remember which files to delete to recreate it.

I dearly hope deleting the nepomuk database is NOT a requirement for a working
experience. It is not acceptable for releasing to common users, then.

--
Anders