[kdepim-users] Keep on working without mails and addressbook being always present

Antonio asmond at orange.es
Sat Jan 7 10:25:14 GMT 2012

Hi!

This is my first post in this list. In Kmail 1, I had my mails and addressbook
in an ext4 directory that was not available when I started my computer.

Whenever I needed to read the mail, I "mounted" that ext4 directory, launched
Kmail and everything worked. Some hours later, I could close Kmail and
"unmount" the ext4 directory and work without Kmail or I could switch off the
computer, etc. Without problems.

Can this be done in Kmail 2? Whenever I start the computer, someone (Akonadi
or Nepomuk or whatever) complains about not finding the addressbook and mails.
When I launch Kmail again, no message is found in any folder of Kmail, like if
they were deleted.

I've looked in all the Akonadi-Nepomuk-Kmail FAQs and Google, but found no
answer. Is there a way to keep on working without mails and addressbook being
always present?