[kdepim-users] handling akonadi and nepomuk

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Aug 6 19:31:37 BST 2012

On Monday, 2012-08-06, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am 06.08.2012 18:57, schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > On Monday, 2012-08-06, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> >> akonadictl is not the right tool here. It can shutdown the akonadi
> >> database but afaik it returns immediately. An option to wait until it is
> >> shut down would be great.
> >
> > Should be relatively easy to do. Anyone interested in an easy first time
> > contribution? :)
> >
> > Until then you could check for the disappearing of
> > org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control from D-Bus.
>
> Currently I run my logout sync in the shutdown part of kde (from
> /etc/kde/shutdown). I don't know if dbus is reliablly working in this
> state (I almost know nothing regarding dbus).

I am pretty sure it will work at this point.
The D-Bus session daemon is one of the first things started in a session so it
is very likely one of the last things to be stopped.
Also, Akonadi Control uses it to stop its agents and we know that that works.

> How can I check the
> disappearing?

qdbus org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control
will return with a non-zero status code if it can't find that name registered
anymore.

I am afraid you have to call it in a loop though.

> >> For nepomuk I don't even know any command line tools to check, start or
> >> stop nepomuk (is there any?).
> >
> > I don't think there is such a tool but since it appears to be a KDE
> > application you could try
> > kquitapp NepomukServer
> > or
> > qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver org.kde.NepomukServer.quit()
>
> Does this return immediately or only if the process is stopped and
> released all file resources?

Hard to say, depends on whether this function triggers shutdown or implements
it.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring