[kdepim-users] backing up Kmail

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Sun Apr 22 11:07:45 BST 2012

Am Sonntag, 22. April 2012, 10:45:46 schrieb Markus Feilner:
> Am Samstag, 21. April 2012, 13:49:51 schrieb Reid:
> > Great.  That's the solution I was hoping for.  And I understand also how
> > that archive can be imported.
> >
> > A few questions are still not clear to me:
> >         Which directory is mail data stored in?
>
> Good question, on KDE 4.8 I couldn't find it up to now. On KDE 3 and earlier
> versions of KDE 4, it used to be found in ~/kde/share/kmail* or simliar,
> with a .kde4 prefix. I also remember finding mailfolders under ~/local or
> so, but on this kde 4.8. thingy I'm still searching. Maybe I'll find it in
> the next minutes (searching with find, du and other bash tools...)

Another question regarding mhonarc:

Has anybody managed to convert Kmail exports automatically and recursive by
mhonarc? Am I missing the mhonarc switch or do I get something wrong, it will
only process single "cur"-directories.

Or is there a better tool? I want to make my Kmail export (or the serverside
mdir stuff) available as an archive on my webserver and on DVD.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards,

Markus Feilner,
Stellvertretender Chefredakteur (Deputy Editor-in-Chief)
Linux-Magazin

--
Linux New Media AG,
Putzbrunner Straße 71,                     81739 München, Germany

Mail: mfeilner at linux-magazin.de  -  Web: http://www.linux-magazin.de
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux New Media, the Pulse of Linux: Lawrence,KS - Malaga -
Manchester - München -  Sao Paulo - Warszawa