[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:35:34 GMT 2011

On Monday 31 Oct 2011 13:36:11 Andreas Zeller wrote:
> Am 31.10.2011, 13:53 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> > On Monday 31 Oct 2011 11:37:11 Andreas Zeller wrote:
> >> I never used KMail.
> >>
> >> Before Update the contacts contain much more than eMail. I also stored
> >> addresses, phone numbers, pictures, Notes and more and it works without
> >> problems. Can all this be stored in KMail config files? Where are they?
> >>
> >> I'm desperately looking for old config files in hopes that I find my
> >>  data.   There must be a config file which contains the location where
> >> data
> >>  was stored before update!?
> >
> > If you didn't use KMail, what did you use?  That would affect where the
> > addresses it used were kept.
>
> For eMail I use Opera - for over 7 years now - so the eMail addresses are
> stored separately.
>
> >> Where was the data stored, if not in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
> >> because it works before update?!?
> >
> > What worked, though?  What mail application was reading them, if not
> > KMail?
>
> I'm missing my contact-data stored in KAdressbook: email addresses, postal
> addresses, phone and fax numbers, pictures, Notes and other information.
> The eMail correspondence and therefor the email addresses are
> administrated by Opera in ~/.opera/mail/.
>
> Before update to Kubuntu 11.10 the KAddressbook worked fine inside
> Kontact. I used it every day.

Open Dolphin, navigate to ~/.kde(4)/share/apps/kabc and hover over the last
backup file - something like std.vcf_7 but could be a greater number.  While
hovering there, take a snapshot of the window and paste it to imagebin.org,
then give us the link to see it.

Anne
--
New to KDE Software?  Got some good hints and tips? - Welcome to
http://userbase.kde.org