[kdepim-users] how to use KMail as portable client?

Aekold Helbrass helbrass at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:25:02 GMT 2011

Hi All!

I like kmail way more than gmail UI, and I am using external HDD for
all my personal stuff, across 3 PCs with different versions of KDE and
KDE-PIM. So I have 3 main questions:

1. If I am using imap configuration - will it work as portable or it
will still have some local storage and will act similarly to "offline
imap"?
2. I see that I can create KMail maildir, maildir or mailbox, but then
I need external apps for sending and receiving, and KMail will be just
browsing UI?
3. is it possible to build kmail and its dependencies and use it
instead of system version, which is quite old in SUSE 11.4?

Thanx.