[kdepim-users] Unable to create new address book

Thomas Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Nov 24 15:18:56 GMT 2011

On Thursday 24 November 2011 00:17 Thomas Taylor wrote:
> Hi all;
> I haven't been able to create a new address book (not folder under personal)
> in Kontact-contacts. Reported as bug 287395.
>
> When in the contacts section and select "file > new > addressbook" it
> displays a dialog box with some pre-defined choices but no way to enter a
> unique name.

You have to select a resource type and then configure it. If you want a new
address book you can select VCard Directory, select the folder you want to
contain the address book (you can create a new folder from the dialog) and
click OK.
It will then have a name like 'akonadi_vcarddir_resource_0'. Right click on
the new resource, select 'Folder properties' and change the name.

Or select VCard File, select to the folder where you want the address book to
reside, enter the *file name* of the address book eg. 'addressbook.vcf' (can be
a non-existent file), click OK and enter Display name.

If this solves your problem remember to update the bug report.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen