[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Fri Nov 4 15:49:40 GMT 2011

Am 03.11.2011, 12:25 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

[...]
> That's where you should be seeing them, yes.  I'm rooting around for
> things
> that we may have missed :-(

I've got it!

Mark Fraser (see below) told me to take the drag point on the left of
Kontact to expand the address book list. HEUREKA, her they are.

Now I wan't to reorganize the recourses.

KDE Address Book (traditional), stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf
contains 332 files like 0zOAxp8Uzi (without file extension) and seems to
work fine.

Personal Contacts, stored in ~/.local/share/contacts/ contains 225 files
like N2Hc4XYPUi.vcf But there are some contacts lost and no pictures
stored.

So is it a good idea to remove Personal Contacts in the Akonadi Resource
Configuration? What about the files in ~/.local/share/contacts/ ?

And what about the BACKUP?
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook#Organising_Backups (and
even the German Version) is not really helpful. My home-backup will
contain all files in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf but restore (copy) them
 from a backup will cause inconsistency in the database, am I right?

I can't fount Akonadi tray icon.

Is there a way to backup/export akonadi recourses automated?

>> Please help me.
>
> Doing our best ;-D

I really appreciate it.

Andreas