[kdepim-users] Screwed up migration and KMail won't run!

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 12:39:05 GMT 2011

Quoting Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:

>> Negative. The exact error is "Kmail encountered a fatal error and will
>> terminate now. The error was: Failed to fetch the resource collection."
>
> I think that's caused by the Local Folders resource.
> Remove that one, it should be automatically be recreated by the mail
> dispatcher.

Thanks. I might try that. Although I'm leaning towards reinstalling
again with a fresh /home folder for myself -- rename my ~john folder
and reinstall. That might fix some other strange issues I'm seeing
with things like XFCE not working right either. I don't like the new
KDE desktop where there are no icons on the desktop, so I switched to
XFCE for the desktop awhile back, but I think my profile got corrupted
recently and I've had some strangeness (things like konsole stuck in a
corner and not moveable, etc)