[kdepim-users] KDEPIM 4.7 and virtuoso-t eating cpu

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:52:28 GMT 2011

On 25/11/11 12:32, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 25/11/11 11:23, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> Yes I saw that and am not blaming you. I have Nepomuk and Desktop Search
>>> enable and all is well, no more cpu chewing.
>>>
>>> But autocompletion went missing and am wondering if there is a way to
>>> get it back?
>>
>> If you turned them back on after removing the virtuoso database, it might
>> be that it didn't index the contacts yet.
>> You can monitor the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder inside akonadiconsole, and you
>> will see that it suspends itself quite aggressively (at least in the
>> upcoming 4.8), even a slightest move of mouse does that. This to
>> reduce CPU
>> usage and distruption of the users work, with the price of slower initial
>> indexing.
>>

> That seems to be correct- so what can I do to get it started?? switch
> on, log in and do nothing for a while?

I got autocompletion back in the weirdest way I can/could imagine. Just
playing around I thought that if I added another addressbook inside
Contacts that might sort of work alongside the Akonadi. So I added an
Adddress Book pointing to the same folder.

Suddenly autocompletion works! I then REMOVED the empty useless address
book and rebooted. Autocompletion from my Akonadi vcard resource still
works!

Now if that is not odd behaviour I don't know what is but it works and
no more cpu eating.

Anyone wants to know how the whole dance was done step by step email me.
Before I forget...

Sinclair