[kdepim-users] Repeated emails - Version 4.7.3 Using KDE Development Platform 4.7.3 (4.7.3) "release 10" (opensuse 11.4)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 12:34:39 GMT 2011

ianseeks wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is anyone else retrieving the same email repeatedly?  I've got a few
> emails
> that keep being retrieved every time i run Kmail.  Each email keeps the
> same date and time and shows as a new email.
>
> Any ideas?

Is this in a maildir folder? If yes, there is abug there I'm aware of
causing similar symptomps.
Explanation:
 In maildir, there are "new" and "cur" subfolders. When you read a mail, it
is moved from new to cur and some suffix is added to the file name.
If for some reason the mail is only copied and not moved, you will have in
both places under new/yourmail and cur/yourmail:2,S . At the next sync it
finds again new/yourmail, but cannot do the move as there is already a
cur/yourmail:2,S. It doesn't move so it doesn't overwrite important data,
but I agree, it should be more clever and in worst case ask the user what to
do.
Anyway, you can check this based on the above information and if this is the
case, just remove the mail from the new folder.

Andras