[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:16:21 GMT 2011

> Just an example here... My "inbox" has a whole 2 messages in it. It should
> just open up and show the message bodies, right? Guess again. The infamous
> "Retrieving folder contents" is all I see in the preview pane. WHY in the
> name of all that is good and Holy do we have to "retrieve folder contents"
> for TWO FREAKING MESSAGES?!?!?!!?! There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with
> this picture! I mean, I could understand that behavior if I had a slow
> machine, but this is NOT a slow machine!!!

John,

I have the same issue and I think is somehow related to this, although I am
not an IT geek.

I found out that very often hen starting Kmail2 I've got this retrieving mail
window -- lasts forever. When one clicks on the small arrow at the bottom
right of the screen, he can see that Kmail is trying to sync one of the
inboxes of my email accounts (I have four here).  How do I deal with this --
may be not very scientific, but temporarly solves the issue. Untill next login
though...

I go to /home/username/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail
There are the folders of my accounts.  I go to the one that is trying to sync
currently with Kmail.
Then go to inbox -- inside there are 3 folders.
Go to new and delete whatever is there.  These are all (in my case) read mail
that I have deleted, but they remain in the folder, don't know why (in Kmail
there are not shown in the inbox).
Restart akonadi (whitout this it does not work).

If someone gets better and most important  -- a permanent solution, would be
great.
gk