[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Ecaroh lists at datenarbeiter.de
Fri Jan 28 22:59:49 GMT 2011

Hello again Hackers and Geeks,

did anybody here bears in mind that sync of PIM data between a mobile
and a desktop computer should not require a study in informatics?

As mentioned before, my vision is something like the PC-Suite from
Nokia. Install it on your preferred Linux Distro, plug in the cable and
sync your data. We are far away from that.

I use KDE for 10 years now, since the early early days of 1.x. And all
that time there was no MS on my own computers. But the lack of a
useable sync between mobiles and my PC sometimes disposes me to give up
Linux, install Outlook and my sync problems are solved. This is very
very annoying.

What i still can not imagine is why this problem was never really
solved. Sure, I know the technical difficulties of synchronisation.
Sadly i choose a career as administrator, not as developer.

What about a fund for the acceleration of the development of a working
(local/USB) sync solution? The first 100 $ will come from my banking
account.

Ecaroh