[kdepim-users] Re: Lost "rebuild index"?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 29 08:03:46 GMT 2011

On Friday 28 January 2011 18:20:44 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I'm using Fedora 14 with KMail Version 1.13.5 and my inbox has begun
> > to show me the infamous "unknown" messages.  I looked for the
> > Rebuild Index facility, but couldn't find it either on the folder
> > context menu or on the Folder top menu.  I know I can delete index
> > files, but I wanted to try the rebuild first. Doesn't it exist in
> > this version?
>
> I had a quick look. I found this option on the Maintenance tab of the
> folder properties of maildir folders. It does not seem to exist for mbox
> folders.

The folder that has the problem is my IMAP Inbox folder.  It's definitely
maildir - I can see all the individual messages.  There is no rebuild index
option on the maintenance tab.  It tells me that my index is
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap/.133252502.directory/.INBOX.index.
Looking at /home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap/ I find nothing at all
numbered 133252502, but a directory and index files numbered 1687036093
together with one that is called, literally, 1687036093 and is said to be
empty.

I'm utterly lost.

Anne