[kdepim-users] Restart KDEPIM with akonadi - problems with addressbook (and "of course" RAM usage)

Carsten Aulbert Carsten.Aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Aug 16 06:22:09 BST 2011

Hi Ingo

On Monday 15 August 2011 22:24:46 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Not really. But I'm wondering why you had an IMAP resource if you didn't
> use KMail2. KMail1 doesn't use Akonadi (except for accessing the address
> book).
>
> Did you create the IMAP resource manually?

Yes, possibly that was my fault :)

Possibly a misunderstanding after browsing many web pages which indicated that
kmail from KDE 4.4 on-wards would use akonadi - or at least it was planned. As
I'm running 4.6 ATM I thought it might be a good idea(TM) ;)

OK, then I'll wait for kmail2 and hope akonadi won't kill my computer again...

Cheers

Carsten