[kdepim-users] kontact 4.7 won't send mail

D Friedrich kde at bf-it.eu
Thu Aug 11 09:48:44 BST 2011

Hello everyone,

I encountered since a few days a problem. My Kmail2 stopped sending mails.
Just nothing is happening when i write a new Mail and click on send.

the Mails remain in the outbox-folder(as unread). no Error message pops up and
there is no progress-bar on the lower right in the Window(that
normally appears when sending a mail).
Also trying to send the queued messages manually don't work.

I have several mail transports set up, some from my own server some
from an ISP and web-space-hoster. None of theme is working. So i guess
it's not a server-side problem.

To test it, i set up a test-user on my system and its working find
there, so i think some of my configs are broken down? but i'm not
sure! and i don't have any idea where to look or how to do more tests.

Does anyone have an Idea what it could be or how to fix it?

my System:
Archlinux i686
Windowmanager: awesome
kontact --version
   Qt: 4.7.3
   KDE Development Platform: 4.7.00 (4.7.0)
   Kontact: 4.7.0

kmail --version
   KMail: 4.7.0

akonadiconsole --version