[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook in KDE4.4

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Tue Oct 12 08:31:41 BST 2010

In a newly installed installation of KDE4.4 (in openSuSE v11.3) I am
confused about the Kaddressbook GUI. What I see is a single large window
containing three columns, for 1) Name of address book, 2) Name of contact,
and 3) apparently photo ID. I do not see any way to replace this view with
the one with which I am familiar in previous KDE releases. If someone can
point out what I have to do to achieve the more useful appearance of even
KDE v4.3.5, I would be very grateful.

I populated Kaddressbook by exporting from a KDE3 installation on another
partition. Not all the content survived the operation, but only Name and
email address (e.g., no postal address), although I am not aware of
limiting the kinds of information to be exported/imported.

The simple interface I have described seems even to lack a section for
Notes, which I made use of in the KDE3 case. Is this view the only one of
which the current release is capable?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on