[kdepim-users] KAddress Book entries not showing up in KMail

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 17:40:10 GMT 2010

Hello, all...
I'm having some severe frustration because although KAddressBook still
exists, KMail ignores it. Sure I can create a new email from KAB, but if I
want to forward an existing email to a KAB contact, there's no way to do
that currently, other than manually typing in the email address.

I have come to the conclusion that the KDEPIM developers released the new
KDEPIM/KMail before they had the ability to update the internal KMail
address book. I'm wondering if there is some magical tool to get new VCF
files imported into the address book, as just placing them in the contacts
folder (~/.local/share/contacts) doesn't work. :-(

Any idea when we'll have an interface between KAB and KMail again or a
replacement for KAB?