[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Feb 18 19:13:06 GMT 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 15:42:54 Guido Pinkernell wrote:
> > > Well, I didn't. KDE did. After upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4, before
> > > starting kontact, some automatic routine ported my one addressbook
> > > over to akonadi. It took about 2 min, after which kontact started
> > > first time.
> >
> > That sounds like a good migration.  So now we are looking for details.
> > How is the addressbook named in Contacts?
>
> Default Address Book. In Kdesettings > Ressources it still points to a vcf
> file, which I did not expect. I thought with akonadi the lot would be
> stored  in some different database.

No, that's not good enough information.  I want to know the path that it's set
to.

> I am still trying to find out how. Actually, I can't find any entry named
> "akonadi" or similar in Yast, KDE Settings or Kontact settings. I can
> remember, though, that there was one in 4.3s KDE Settings. I have checked
> the  opensuse factory 4.4 RPMs and can't find a package that contains
> something like a akonadi module for KDE settings.

You're looking in the wrong place ;-)  Open krunner (alt+f2, or right-click on
the desktop and Run Command).  Type in akonadi and you should see some
options, one of which is the tray icon.

> > With or without it, you need akonadi
> > Configuration.  Take a look at what resources are set up.  One should be
> > obviously your addressbook - use Modify to see where it is   Post the
> > setting here.
>
> If the akonadi settings is what I find under KDE Settings resources, then
> see  above.

No, we need to see what resources are set up, and the paths pointed to, in the
Akondi Configuration, which you'll find from the tray icon.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group