[kdepim-users] What causes reloading of email?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 22:01:07 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 16 February 2010, r bartlett wrote:
> Every so often (it's rare) my Kmail/Kontact will suddenly reload
> every single mail from every single mailserver.  I don't have limits
> on some of these, so in one case, it reloads 11,000 plus pieces of
> mail.  Any idea why this occurs and what is going on?  Can I stop
> this somehow?

What kind of accounts are those? IMAP accounts? Or POP3 accounts?

> It's particularly frustrating because when I use the "remove
> duplicate mail" feature, it removes mail that has the "replied to"
> or "forwarded" icon attached, leaving me with the one that has
> nothing.
>
> This replied to and forwarded is extremely useful when I'm trying to
> figure out what went wrong with a certain project or tell someone
> "yes, I sent that to you already" if they claim to not get it.

I bcc all (non-mailinglist) mail to myself. This way I archive the
entire conversation. (Of course, I could also look into the sent-mail
folder, but that's way to cumbersome.)  An alternative is to enable the
setting "Keep replies in this folder" (in the folder settings) but this
functionality does not work for forwarding.