[kdepim-users] Cannot open Kaddressbook

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 14:43:49 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > well, then I'm out of ideas, sorry.
> > (as mentioned, I had the same errors, could be fixed as described)
> >

> Thanks for trying.
>
> In the meantime, I am unable to work.
>

> Dotan, I had the same errors and fixed the mysql/innodb errors with the
hints on the userbase page.  Mine still fails where yours does on test 10,
i.e. the d-bus errors. I think these errors are misleading, though, because
it is likely failing somewhere else, and the d-bus error is a symptom, not
the problem itself.

Everything worked fine on my machine at work.  The difference between that
and my home machine is that that one was a clean install of 64-bit 9.10,
while my home machine has a home directory inherited from warty (3.10?).  I
am going to try to create a new user on the home machine and see if akonadi
works for that user.  This should tell me whether it is an install or
configuration problem.

--
artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface