[kdepim-users] email filenames

Roy Pittman roy at earthlightscomputers.com
Sun Jul 5 23:09:11 BST 2009

Thank you, Martin, for your reply.  In the directory
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur/  each item of email has a filename
such as 1246719454.2890.2eQ8F or 1228085517.2754.mMA7g:2,S.  I want to write
a script that will scan an email, find the ip address from which it was sent
and whois that address. How are these filenames generated?

Any suggestions on how my script might find the name of the email I want to
scan?

I appreciate any suggestions you may make.

Regards,

Roy