[kdepim-users] 20090723KP -- Copying KMail

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Thu Jul 23 16:28:25 BST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 05:16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2009-07-23, Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > Greetings --
> >
> > Some of you will realize that this is a specific follow-up to a
> > discussion on the kde-linux list.
> >
> > The environment is a single computer with a single hard disk drive
> > which is highly partitioned.  It has two distros -- openSUSE
> > 10.2and Kubuntu Jaunty.  Under openSUSE, I am running KMail 1.9.5
> > (Using KDE 3.5.5 "release 45").  Under Jaunty, I want to use KMail
> > 1.11.2 using KDE 4.2.2.
> >
> > My plan was to spend a few moments using Dolphin to copy applicable
> > KMail files from openSUSE to Jaunty, but Dolphin suddenly stopped
> > showing the openSUSE partitions.  Generous and knowledgeable people
> > at kde-linux patiently helped me to overcome that problem.  Now
> > Dolphin sees my entire hard disk drive again.  However, a new issue
> > presents itself.  I am unable to copy my E-mail archives AND to
> > view them in Jaunty KMail.
> >
> > In openSUSE, the fully-qualified path-name to my archives is as
> > follows --
> > /home/bruce/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.KMail-Import.directory/
> >
> > In Jaunty, I know this much (and no more!) about the respective
> > path -- /home/bu4lu3si1/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/
>
> Do you want to add the mails from the openSUSE system or replace the
> ones onf Kubuntu?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hello, Kevin --

A great question that I anticipated (for myself) without answering in my
message!  I have resisted going directly to Jaunty 100% PENDING getting
the openSUSE stuff copied over adequately.  Therefore, at this time,
the two distinct approaches are one and the same for me!  So we can
consider it to be more like replacing Kubuntu's stuff with openSUSE's.
I hope this helps (and even simplifies!) things.

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us