[kdepim-users] kmail can't be reconfigured on either F10 nor on mdv2010

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Sat Dec 26 16:01:55 GMT 2009

On Saturday 26 December 2009 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> Since the most recent updates by both fedora for F10, which is
>  EOL'd now, nor for mdv 2010-x86-64, I cannot edit the
>  kmail->config kmail->accounts->send screens, nothing I do on
>  either machine in 3 different account entries will un-ghost the
>  apply button.
>
> Its working on F10, but I'm trying to move to a 64 bit mandriva
>  2010 install.

Your second paragraph seems to conflict with the subject. Assuming
that the second paragraph is correct, then did you copy your kmail
config files from F10 to Mandriva? If so, are you using the same
UID/GID on both systems? IIRC, they use different defaults. You may
need to change the ownership of your kmail config files.

Jim