[kdepim-users] Syncing Kontact with Motorola A1200

Franco Pellegrini frapell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:20:54 GMT 2008

Hello list, my name is Franco Pellegrini, i'm from Cordoba, Argentina,
(so forgive my english) and this is my first mail to the list.

I recently bought an A1200, and, as i expected, the software included
runs only on Microsoft Windows. So i started to look for software to
keep my personal information syncronized between kontact and my cell,
i found practically none.
I found a solution using J2MESync and multisync, but that only works
for Bluetooth, and i'm using an USB cable, so i found Opensync, and
kitchensync...

i tried adding groups and members, but i couldn't manage to do
anything, my first try was with KDE PIM and Google Calendar... that
returned me a "broken pipe" from the KDE member (apparently google
calendar worked)
but that's not an issue, because i'm using GCALDaemon to keep my
kontact syncronized with google calendar.

i also found solutions for doing it from the phone... but that will
cost me too much...

so, wrapping up here, what i would loooove is to just have my kontact
calendar syncronized with my A1200, by any means... i don't care.... i
just want it to be by USB.
any tips on how to do this ?

thank you VERY much in advance, and i'm willing to do any
test/debug/etc that you might need.

Regards,
Franco

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein