[kdepim-users] strange and reproducible kde freeze somehow associated with kmail

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:39:56 GMT 2008

Here is how it happens:

As I noted before, kmail starts automatically when I login to kde, secondary
to KOrganizer Reminder Deamon triggering its launch, as Ingo pointed. If I
close kmail and push the kde menu button, to start any program for example,
kmail re-launches as soon as I click the menu button. This opens the kwallet
dialog asking for my kwallet password (which is normal behavior), but then
whole kde freezes. I can not type anything (including kwallet password), I
can not switch virtual desktops, clicking and moving the mouse cursor does
not have any effect on anything. I can switch to console by Ctrl+Alt+F1-6,
and I can kill the xserver with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, but that's about it. To
prevent this happening, I close kmail first, then start Kontact, but not via
kde menu button, maybe with a desktop shortcut. After this, even if you close
Kontact, kde menu button continues to function normally.

Any ideas?

Hakan