[kdepim-users] Importing settings/mail folders, contacts etc. from thunderbird

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 25 19:41:12 BST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 04:16:52 Jeff O'Hora wrote:
> Hi and thanks for taking my question.
>
>  I so want to switch over to Kontact!  However there is no import feature
> for Thunderbird.  while I'm not a programmer, I can get around and locate
> files/folders, etc. and I'd like to know where I can find my folders,
> contacts etc. in Thunderbird and move them over to Kontact.  Can you assist
> me with the steps I need to take to do the above?  Your help would be
> greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
>
>  Jeff

Hi, Jeff.  First, please try not to send html mail to lists - most lists frown
on it.

First job is to find your Tbird mail.  I don't use Tbird, but I'm guessing
that, like Firefox, it will have a folder under ~/.mozilla.  Check there, and
if you can find them you're half-way there.

In KMail, File > Import Messages and there is a Tbird entry in the drop-down
list.

Anne