[kdepim-users] Strange data loss in Kmail

Gölöncsér Attila attila.goloncser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:47:19 GMT 2008

> Sure, but Attila has built kmail with debug symbols.

I've built it with debug _use flag_ under gentoo. But the kde
crash window's backtrace says, that no debuggiing symbols found.

The use flags looks like that by me:

[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kmail-3.5.8  USE="arts crypt debug
xinerama -kdeenablefinal" 0 kB

I apologize if this is the same, but I think, if I built with the
debug use flag, it shouldn't have to say this 'no debugging
symbols found'.

This one is that I mentioned some days ago, about an obscure debug
option:

In the kcontrol under KDE Components/KDE Performance/System tab
the 'Disable system configuration startup check' is turned off
ages ago in my setup. I don't really understand it at the moment
(I'm tired a bit :) ), but on the popup help says that KDE crash
window refuse to provide any backtrace, if its turned ON. So by
me its turned off, and therefore backtrace should work.

Now I creating backups, and I hope for monday i'll be back with
some fine traces of a lot of huge crashes. :)

Good night everbody!

Attila