[kdepim-users] Strange data loss in Kmail

Gölöncsér Attila dunkelheit.bz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:58:06 GMT 2008

Hi all!

I read some mailing lists, and I have some filters to sort them to
separate maildir folders. Yesterday I selected all the mail in my
inbox, and used the ctrl-j combination (apply all filters). Kmail
crashed on it.

After restarting kmail all seemed in my inbox okay, but when I
clicked on a mail, all the headers disappeared, and turned
into "unknown" (see screenshot below.)

Now I have only a lot of "unknown" messages, with these headers:

The count and the status of the messages is correct, but now i
have only a lot of empty messages in my maildir, whit only these
headers.

Have you got an idea what was this?*

Screenshot:
http://ybl-nte.uw.hu/temp/kmail.png

$ kmail --version
Qt: 3.3.8
KDE: 3.5.8
KMail: 1.9.7

$ uname -a
Linux 2.6.23-gentoo-r3 #1 SMP Thu Jan 3 13:28:24 CET 2008 i686
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Cheers,

Attila