[kdepim-users] issue syncing palm m130

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Thu Feb 14 04:36:31 GMT 2008

Hi Andrew,

On 2/13/08, Andrew Codispoti <flyingturtle at deepeningdays.com> wrote:

> I've been syncing my Palm m130 successfully for some time now using KPilot
> 4.9.2. Quite suddenly there is no response, and I am getting this message
> from dmesg:

What changed between when it was working and now? Package upgrades? Kernel
change? Anything?

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 11
> usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> visor: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The device still syncs fine on Windows. A soft reset has had no effect.

Hm. Well, I've seen things like this before in my logs and it typically
means that something has gone wonky either in my USB hub or in the kernel.
I've become accustomed to doing this when I see it and then syncing works
for me again:

sudo rmmod ehci-hcd; sleep 5; sudo modprobe ehci-hcd

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-