[kdepim-users] IMAP server certificate authenticity check

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:52:24 GMT 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008 07:01:30 am Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> I've been using KDE for about 9 years and I've been the maintainer of
> KMail for the last 6 years, so I guess it's just natural that I know
> quite a lot about KDE. :-)

I am very glad you do!

There is one more thing that I am experiencing with kmail. It is nothing major
but annoying at times and it may very well be a distro dependent issue. I
have a disconnected IMAP account, which has a server name different than the
security certificate that the site has. Kmail pops up a warning dialog
whether I want to continue or see details of the conflict, which is fine.
When I select continue, there comes another dialog asking me if the
confirmation to continue was for once or for always. Although I click always,
this security check happens again the same way perhaps every other or so
authentication. Not everytime, but in a rather random fashion. If this is an
extra security feature, meaning that even though the user selects always, the
confirmation is set to be asked every nth authentication, I can see the
purpose for that, but even so, there should be some notification of the user
about this extra security feature. If this is a bug, rather than an extra
security feature, then is there a way for me to edit the config file or
something like that to disable that?

Thanks,

Hakan