[kdepim-users] create new event from e-mail

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Feb 12 17:50:49 GMT 2008

Dnia Tuesday 12 of February 2008, Alexander Barcza napisaƂ:
> Hi,
>
> I often get e-mails that inform me about some event taking place in the
> future. Is there a way to directly create a new event from an e-mail
> like there is to create a new to-do?
>
> I know I could just copy and past the e-mail text to a new calendar
> entry but it would be so much more useful to just right-click and create
> a new event (maybe even filter date and time out of the text).

In latest Kontact 3.5.9 is new icon in KMail toolbar: "Create task".

When clicking it, it will create  new task with:

- Subject of mail as title of task
- Headers of mail as summary of task
- Complete mail as attachment to task

This completely new feature thanks to enterprise branch of KDE-PIM.
Thanks guys.

m.