[kdepim-users] Any Advice on changing from POP to IMAP ?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Dec 13 12:28:33 GMT 2008

On Sat December 13 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> I have made the same experience, i.e. no major problems. I've been using
> IMAP exclusively since more than 2 years. Even lost connections to the
> server don't cause major problems. Very seldom (once a month tops), I
> have to re-start KMail (and kill the kio_imap4 ioslaves) because it
> fails to connect to the server after a lost connection.

I have also noticed this loss of connection. What I do is stop kmail, do:
pkill kio
pkill kmail
( all as USER NOT ROOT)
then restart kmail. It has not affected my wifes email, but she only uses
POP3.
It is irritating, especially when I don't notice it for a day or more.. Since
I have local accounts, and POP3 accounts that still receive email when IMAP
has lost connections, it is easy to overlook.. BUG..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800