Not raw audio for proxy clips

Narcis Garcia debianlists at actiu.net
Thu Apr 6 09:27:01 BST 2023

Hello,

I'm happy with MJPEG codec to work fast in timeline.
Audio works fast too, but Raw/PCM codec spends much disk space.
Example for a 1 video + 3 audio track clip:
VIDEO: 640x524px 25fps -> 7702kbps
AUDIO: 48000Hz 16bit stereo x3 -> 3840kbps

At ~11542kbps it produces a 3GB file of 35 minutes long.

What proxy profile uses MJPEG for video and some lossy compressed codec
for audio?

Thank you.

--

Narcis Garcia