Camille Moulin camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Oct 4 19:50:27 BST 2018

On 04/10/2018 20:05, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
> Op 04-10-18 om 19:12 schreef Albert Astals Cid:
>> El dimecres, 3 d’octubre de 2018, a les 19:44:18 CEST, farid
>> abdelnour va escriure:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> We will ask to disable them.
>> I think it's a bad idea, what you should do is actually fix the tests
>> so that they pass and thus no email is sent saying "your tests are
>> broken".
I agree in a way,  but:
- Fixing the tests is actually fixing the code, and the devs are already
working hard on that, i can guarantee you (and you can check the git log
to have a precise idea)
- I think there is a slight technical problem at the moment on the
integration of the test suite and the CI, but, hey, remember that this
is work in progress for your own benefit.

> This list is not a developers list, to the best of my  knowledge.

> This list hosts several topics about Kdenlive:
>
>   * news about the program
>   * developers discussions about program orientations or technical points
>   * user suggestions and background questions (for usage help there
>     are forums <https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=262>)

so, I wouldn't share your conclusion.

> Users of kdenlive - as I am one of - shouldn't be spammed with
> successful or unsuccessful test results.
I'm kind of surprised of the harshness of the reactions for something
that seemed unsatisfactory but really benign: I guess most email clients
have a decent filter system, so those emails should be at worst in your
dedicated kdenlive folder, or automatically deleted if you feel like it.

Cheers,
Camille