Kdenlive 17.03.80 for Windows

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Mar 28 07:32:01 UTC 2017

Le 28.03.17 à 01:05, Vincent Pinon a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi Vincent,
> Here is a link to test today's build:
> http://dl.free.fr/rHsxKAIC2

Thanks for this! I did a quick testing and here are a few comments:

* Frei0r 1.6.0 was released a few days ago and finally fixes linking
crashes, so it might be worth updating it (some frei0r filters like
emboss were crashing on Windows). Download  is at:
https://files.dyne.org/frei0r/frei0r-plugins-1.6.0.tar.gz
(not in the releases directory like 1.5.0)

* The FFmpeg version included in your archive does not work well.
Seeking in a file frequently breaks the display (resulting in black or
still images), and rendering does not work (you only see the first frame
during the whole rendered video). Maybe better to not provide FFmpeg
than provide something that gives a bad impression... Downloading the
Zeranoe build fixed all these issues.

* On the plus side, MLT's command line player can now play a file
through SDL, something that never worked before.

* The blank JPEG on render is still here - it was already the case on
previous Windows versions. It seems like when using MLT from Kdenlive,
everything works fine, but when rendering through a command line melt,
the jpeg dll is somehow not found/linked. I already spent a day trying
to undestand this without success, but we should probably acknowledge
the issue and recommand to use png's

So I would personnaly prefer to either fix or remove FFmpeg, and if
possible update frei0r before uploading...

Thanks and it will really nice if we can annouce a new Windows release
for the 17.04 cycle.

Regards