Hardware acceleration / vaapi

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 11:47:31 UTC 2017

Hi there, Bernd.

Kdenlive supports hardware encoding through custom encoding profiles.
This is my profile for hardware hevc encoding with nvidia:

properties=x265-medium f=matroska vcodec=hevc_nvenc acodec=aac crf=%quality
ab=%audiobitrate+'k'

It would have been awesome if mlt and ffmpeg used the same format in
command lines, but this is not the case. At least they are close.

Unfortunately I only have intel cards, so I cannot test the intel vaapi
acelleration for you.

Kind regards,

--
Evert Vorster