update ppa

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Sep 14 14:59:29 UTC 2016

Le 14.09.16 à 16:50, farid abdelnour a écrit :
> hi jb,

Hi Farid, all

>     Correct, we need to update the stable PPA to 16.08.1.
>     I will have some time tomorrow to check that,
>

> if this is going to give you too much work maybe we could ask people
> to be patient while the appimage is not ready. (i saw there was some
> progress, right?)
Vincent is more familiar with PPA handling but he has some other (nice)
business to mind these days. I will have a look tonight if I can sort it
out.

By the way, Narcis, Launchpad only offers Ubuntu targets, sorry.

On the packaging side, yes there was some great progress. I now have an
Snap and an AppImage ready for testing. However we still have to figure
out how to handle security and hosting so it might still take some time
(hope not too much) before we can make them publicly available. I am in
discussion with people from Ubuntu for the snap package, and have yet to
contact more KDE people for AppImage hosting...

Regards
jb